Understand foreclosure and Bankruptcy. Learn how foreclosure and bankruptcy work to understand your options.
Foreclosure and Bankruptcy Explained
If you are one of the millions of homeowners falling behind on your house payments you are very likely falling behind with other debt payments. As you are well aware, you are in danger of losing your home and your way of life.
Perhaps you have considered a short sale, loan modification (especially under the HAMP program) or bankruptcy but don't know exactly how those can help. I have written this website to help you find answers to your questions. If you are facing tax problems visit my companion site TaxAttorneyCA.com to learn more about dealing with the IRS.
The information on this website can help you discuss issues more confidently with your lender, attorney or other advisor. I recommend talking to a local attorney about your case, for free, by contacting LegalMatch. If the LegalMatch attorney is interested in taking your case, LegalMatch will provide you with their background information, fees, and ratings by other LegalMatch users.
This Website Explains
- foreclosure procedure
- alternatives to foreclosure, such a deed-in-lieu
- where to find help and how to avoid foreclosure scams
- and much more, including references to the laws in all 50 states and the territories.
Select a Chapter
- Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- Foreclosure? Now What? (3 Sections)
- How Homeowners get into Trouble (3 Sections)
- Foreclosure Workout Solutions (12 Sections)
- The Foreclosure Process (5 Sections)
- Foreclosure Scams (4 Sections)
- Government Regulation (4 Sections)
- Foreclosure & Your Credit
- Happiness & Success after Foreclosure
Foreclosure laws vary from state to state. If you're interested in learning more about the most common form of foreclosure used in your state visit the State by State Foreclosure Guide.